About Fitness Minimalists
Welcome! My name is Chad Alexander (the guy in the blue shirt).
Leading a group of 20 students through a three-month personal fitness course, is where I first saw the life-enhancing effects that personal training combined with mindset coaching had on my students.
It was here that I was able to combine the mental game strategies I had learned through Strategic Intervention Coaching (a training program created by Tony Robbins and Cloe Madanes), my research on growth mindset-oriented strategies (completed during my Master’s degree), and the research-based principles of personal training and nutrition.
I am of the belief that mindset accounts for at least 80% of whatever a person achieves in fitness and in life. In each of my articles, I aim to provide my readers with actionable fitness-related, growth mindset strategies.
- Certified Personal Trainer (National Academy of Sports Medicine)
- Bachelor of Science (Biology)
- Master Degree in Leadership (Focus on Growth Mindset-Oriented Training/Teaching Stategies)
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Nutrition Certification (American Council on Exercise)
- Certified for 250 Hours in Strategic Intervention Coaching
My mission on this site is to help you elevate your fitness and health so that you have more time, energy, and capacity to enjoy the people and activities that bring you happiness and fulfillment.
How Do I Create Content?
To ensure the highest quality standards, all of the content on this site has been planned and edited by me. I may hire freelance writers but nothing will be published on this site unless I have approved it.
I do this so that you can trust that the information published in the articles is trustworthy and may be used to inform your planning and purchasing decisions.
“Success in life is 80% psychology and 20% mechanics”
– Tony Robbins
As much as possible, we try to test out the products written about on this site. I also supplement information about products I have and have not tested through extensive online and in-person research.
In addition, I spend time in local stores speaking with staff to discover which equipment might be of interest to you.
When it comes to making purchasing decisions for fitness equipment, I want this to be a place that you know you can trust and count on – it is not riddled with brand sponsorships.
“It is vain to do more what can be done with less.”
– William of Ockham
Is All Of This Realistic And Achievable?
I believe Fitness Minimalists are people who are committed to stripping away the excess body weight, activities, habits, and other ‘vitality vampires’ so that they can focus more time and energy on living happy, fulfilling (and longer) lives.
To do this, I believe it is best to prioritize the following:
Identify And Reduce
- Our first task is to identify and reduce the 20% of activities, habits, and emotional patterns that lead to 80% or more of the results we don’t want. (For example, bingeing on an entire pizza, 6 beer, and 5 bowls of ice cream between 8:30pm and 12:30pm on a Friday night)
Replace Outlived ‘Vitality Vampires’
- Next, our goal is to replace outlived ‘vitality vampires.’ Vitality vampires are any activities that suck us of our most valuable time and energy and make us feel low. These are are to be ruthlessly replaced with the physical activities, habits, and equipment that will lead us to reach 80% or more of our fitness goals.
- For instance, replacing that late night binge-session with a relaxing evening of music, friends, and joy leading into a great weekend filled with good coffee, healthy and nutrient-dense meals, energizing activities, and plenty of sunshine
“Absorb What Is Useful, Discard What Is Useless And Add What Is Specifically Your Own”
— Bruce Lee
What’s In It For You?
So why should you read Fitness Minimalists? I would say the main reason may be because you want to rid yourself of the unnecessary weight, complex jargon, and ridiculous fads so that you can focus more of your time and energy on the areas that bring you lasting health, happiness, and fulfillment.
In June of 2020 I completed my master’s degree in leadership with a focus on relational and growth mindset-oriented training, learning, and teaching strategies.
I am of the belief that mindset accounts for 80% of whatever a person achieves in fitness and in life.
I provide my readers with actionable fitness-related, growth mindset strategies in each of my articles
If The Following Statements Resonate With You - You Will Most Likely Enjoy Our Site:
- You want to be empowered to reach your fitness goals from the comfort and privacy of your own home.
- You want to find ways to exercise in ways that align with your goals and personality so you will actually follow through.
- You want to find information based on customer experience that is not a commercial sales page.
- You want to once and for all replace unhealthy behaviors with the habits that will lead to a stronger, more energized, and fitter you!
“Be naive enough to start and stubborn enough to finish”